Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Do you wear a tinted sunscreen or rely solely on makeup with SPF?

I was reading through this months edition of Women's Health and an article on sunscreen caught my eye entitled "No More SPF Excuses." I figured it was a relevant read since I just got my Look Bag with all my skin care products that help fight damage due to UV ray exposure, pollution, and what not.

One of the excuses mentioned in the article is "My makeup has SPF in it" which is totally why I don't wear my sunscreen on my face on a normal basis. I even stopped using it at the beach once I got makeup that had SPF in it, because I hate the greasy feeling of sunscreen. How about you? Do you use this same excuse?

That's how I feel. 
I was doing some searching online though, and there are lighter formulas of sunblock that don't have such a heavy oil base. That's something I need to look into. Aveena was one of the brands that popped up often, along with Neutrogena. 

Apparently, if you are using a mineral powder (I do) then you have to use "ten times the normal amount" to protect your skin with just the single product. WOW. I was definitely guilty of wearing no sunscreen before I got my e.l.f. Mineral Starter Kit which has SPF 15. But then I would just wear this product by itself, thinking I was protected. Then in my May Birchbox I got my Dr. Jart+ Water Fuse Beauty Balm SPF 25+. I feel like I'm set now. The BB cream is a sunscreen, moisturizer, and treatment serum. Its really a great product! Although, recently I've stopped using it because I ran out :( I need to purchase a full size of this ASAP!

Found through a Google Image Search
Do you guys recommend any other BB creams? This one costs $32 for 1.7fl oz. I need a better deal! I mean its obviosly worth the money, so I might wait til I have enough points to buy it. If you'd like to help me out with that you can sign up for Birchbox and I'll get 50 points. That's halfway to $10 off a product. Doesn't that sound like an amazing reward? That's why I love Birchbox! Click here to sign up :D


What other kinds of products do you use to keep your skin protected?

Thanks for stopping by! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment