Saturday, June 23, 2012

My first Look Bag: June - Full Contents Review

Sorry that this post is so late. It was extremely difficult for me to find accurate retail pricing for some of these products, because they are no longer available on their manufacturer's sites. I also found some deals on these products, for much cheaper than their asking price. One thing that dissapointed me is that The Look Store does not have a list of the products from this month's bag up yet. You can't even see what was in last month's bag. I was waiting to post this until I had accurate info on the pricing...


Anyway on to additional information about the contents!
#1 - Atopalm: Intensive Moisturizing Cream 
(.25 fl oz/ 8 ml) Worth ~ $2.20
Full size = $30.00 (3.4 fl oz / 100 ml)
NeoPharm is based in Camarillo, CA - Product is made in Korea
"Formulated without the use of parabens, this incredibly rich moisturizing cream is a gentle yet thorough way to replenish hydration. By mimicking natural skin lipids, it is able to replenish lost lipids while simultaneously preventing over-evaporation of the skin’s natural moisture. Finally, Intensive Moisturizing Cream shields the skin against the damage and discomfort associated with environmental stress, leaving the skin feeling fresh, soft, and perfectly comfortable."


Really great for sensitive skin too! I have used this some on my elbows and heels. I haven't seen much of a difference as of yet, but I have not been using it consistently. The sample size is really small, so I was debating about keeping it until the weather gets dry again. 


.14 fl oz/ 4ml (Worth ~ $11.50)
Full size: 1.7 fl oz is $96.00; .5 is $41.00
Snowberry is based in New Zealand and Product is made in New Zealand
I actually received a "rich day cream" so I'm kind of confused if I should apply it at night or in the morning. This was one product I really wanted to check out on their site to see if I received the wrong one.


I watched another members video on youtube and she mentioned that this product was $159. I do not know where she got that price from, but the online stores that sell this product (linked directly from Snowberry) all have $41 or 95 depending on the size of the bottle. Maybe the night cream is actually $159. The pricing above is for the day cream.


"Designed for normal to dry skin, the Rich Day Cream is a powerful and highly absorbable anti-aging formula that nourishes, smoothes, moisturises and revitalises.


  • Helps to smooth, restructure and hydrate the epidermis.
  • Contains Mycosoprin Extract that clinical trials have shown assists to protect the skin from possible per-oxidation via UVA and environmental pollutants
  • Helps to maintain healthy skin ecology
  • Helps reduce the appearance of wrinkles
  • Contains Superoxide dismutase that clinical trials have shown assists the natural production of Collagen, Elastins, Fibronectins, Keratinocytes and hyaluronic acids.
  • Increases moisturisation and cellular hydration.
  • Non Irritant (Occular & Dermal Tested)
  • Non Sensitising
  • Significant skin moisturisation improvement activity of 39.64%
  • Anti-free radical activity (3D test)"
  • pH Balanced
  • Botanical Ingredients
  • Paraben Free
  • Clinically and allegery tested; non-irritating                       
Our formulators were inspired by sensual botanical ingredients and the challenge of creating a healthier body crème with the potential to make skin appear younger and evoke delight and desire.

For centuries, vanilla has been considered an aphrodisiac and in studies men associate its scent with Love."


It does a lot of great stuff so I can't wait to actually try it! You can find products at thelookstore.com or thedermstore.com.

#3 - Korres: Eyeshadow in Golden Green (Full Size)
full size 1.8g/0.06oz for $5-18 depending on the site.
Korres products are made in Greece.
This color kind of looks like a poop green just in the case, but it really is a golden green shade (see picture below). It blends together nicely and applies smoothly and evenly. The packaging is very simplistic. The brand isn't stapled on the top, it just says Athens, where this product is manufactured. From some research online, Korres is really passionate about using only natural and organic ingredients in their skincare products. 


Swatched on my arm. 
#4 - Prescriptives: Lip and Eye Pencil Sharpener
Full size for $1.50-5, again depending on the site. 
Again, I had a tough time finding this product online. It is not listed on their site under makeup accessories. It used to be at Macy's but is no longer there. This company has been around since 1979, where they targeted "custom colors for women," but has only recently   (2011) "refreshed" their products. Their products are sold exclusively online now. 


#5 - Naked Princess: Body Souffle in Vanille Blanc (Personal product based off my Beauty Profile)
.92 fl oz/26 ml worth ~ $9.00
$55.00 for 5.6 fl oz/ 166 ml
Naked Princess Worldwide LLC is based in Beverly Hills, CA - Product is made in the USA.
"A luxurious vitamin-rich body crème formulated to hydrate, nourish & pamper skin.
Inspiration:

It's nice that I got lotion for my personal product, since I love any kind of lotion, but since this whole bag had skin care products, it would have been nice to get something else. Other people got lip gloss or lip liner.
I can't smell too much of the vanilla, but it does have a nice scent. I haven't used it much yet, since I have so many different kinds of lotions. 


Overall Verdict:
I will give the Look Bag another month or so, but I have to cut down on one of my subscriptions in September, so this one might be it. Nothing against the Look Bag, I just need to save money. What did you get in your Look Bag for your personal product? How did you like this month's bag?


Video:
Again here is the link to my video :) Sorry that for some reason none of the items will focus on my camera.. :/




Thanks for stopping by! :)

2 comments:

  1. These sound really interesting, I have to try some of these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For sure, hopefully you can find a good deal on some of them! :)

      Delete