Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Birchbox and Myglam Bag for May!

Hello! Hope everyone is having a wonderful day :)

As promised here are photos and details of my May Birchbox and Glam Bag. This is my first month subscribing with both companies.


In my Birchbox I received samples of the following: 

1. Atelier Cologne - Vanille Insensée. Full size is $65-175.

Review: I do like the scent, but it took a little while to grow on me. At first I thought it was a bit masculine smelling. Now though, I do really like the subtle vanilla scent and so does my boyfriend! That's all that matters, right?

2. Color Club Nail Polish - Disco Nap (gold, metallic color). Full size is $8.

Review: Sadly, I bite my nails, so nail polish isn't the kind of sample I really wanted, but I do like the color. I've pained my toe nails (I can include a picture later). The color is really nice and I think using a Sally Hanson Crackle color with this might really look cool.

3. Dr. Jart + - Waterfuse BB Cream [A four-in-one moisturizer, serum, sunscreen, and a skin-perfecting tint.] Full size is $32.

Review: N/A. I have not yet tried this product, but as soon as I do I will update this.

4. Fresh - Sugar Rosé Tinted Lip Treatment SPF 15 [subtle rosy hue, exfoliates and smooths lips]. Full size is $22.50.

Review: I love, love, love this lip treatment. It goes on smoothly and leaves your lips feeling renewed. I also really like the color. I really need this kind of product because I bite my lips on occasion.

5. Twistband - Hair tie (teal, snag-free, and does not leave a crimp!] A 12 pack is $18.

Review: I do like the hair tie, but I wish we could have gotten two in the box. It is really nice that it is snag-free and won't leave that annoying crimp in your hair. I think the price may be a bit expensive, though.

6. Their Extra: Stationary Note Card [XOXO] - fun note card to send to a friend, a more personal feel than an email/text. Set of 12: $10.

Review: A fun little extra is always nice. I don't know what I'll use this for just yet. I don't think I would pay $10 for a set of 12, seems pricey for me.

**If you do not have Birchbox yet I highly recommend it! Its a great deal for only $10 a month. Here is a link to their site!

My May Glam Bag included the following:

1. Philosophy Love Sweet Love Spray Fragrance - 2 oz. is $42.00

Review: I love the scent and its nice for any occasion.


2. Studio Gear Complete Color Lipstick - Cinnabar. Full size is $7.50.

Review: This color goes extremely well with my new hair color (Copper Gold). I was afraid I would get a red or hot pink color that would contrast too much with my hair. Some people did not like the color and felt it was too dark for their skin tone.

3. Miss Beauty Nail Bling - Hearts themed [Not sure where you can buy this]

Review: I have not tried this product yet. I might use it on my ring fingers or my toes. It is kind of not my style as it looks as though it is geared toward a younger population (I'm almost 24).

4. Myglam Concealer Brush and Defining Eyeliner Brush (completes the myglam collection - the pop-up shop now has brushes from March, April, and May)

Review: I haven't used these brushes yet, but will update as soon as I do. I am really looking forward to using the eyeliner brush!

Here is a link to MyGlam if you are not already subscribed to join their waiting list!

I am very pleased with my samples this month and can't wait for next month!

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment