Thursday, May 17, 2012

My Hair Concerns: Birchbox Blog Contest



Hey everyone!
Birchbox is having contest to win Ojon hair products and since I have yet to make a post about my hair or hair products that I love, this is perfect timing! 
          When I was younger my hair used to be frizzy, have a ton of flyaways, and was very dry. This was mostly due to box dying my hair. Since the end of high school I have never went back to box dye, because I never want my hair to go back to what it was. 
Here is an example of my hair from high school, which you can tell looks damaged.

          Every time I  dye my hair now, I always make sure to do a deep conditioning treatment at the salon, or some kind of repair. This step has helped immensely to repair the damage of processing my hair multiple times in one sitting. Because I have color treated and wavy hair, I used to use both Redken Color Extend Shampoo and Conditioner and Redken Body Full Shampoo and Conditioner. Recently, after visiting an Italian salon and dying my hair Copper Gold, I picked up Semi di lino Diamonte Color Protection Shampoo and Conditioner since I ran out of my Redken. My hair feels and smells fabulous after using this product. It is a bit pricey, but it was definitely worth it!
This is my hair now. I'd say it looks pretty darn healthy.
          My biggest concern, besides maintaining my color, is static electricity! It is my worst enemy and usually occurs after blow drying or straightening my hair. This happens mostly in the winter, when static electricity is thriving, but it still has yet to go away and it's spring already! I need suggestions of what types of products are out there to help control static electricity while not making your hair feel oily. Hair spray used to help when I was younger; however, I do not currently use hair spray, because I have not found one that is light/non sticky. Although, from Birchbox's "Gossip Girl Waves" video, the stylist mentions a hair spray she uses that does not feel sticky, so I might try that out.
This is what my hair looks like, especially after I straighten it. Okay, I might be dramatizing it slightly.
          Just for your reference, the following products by Ojon are on Birchbox and I have included links. Some lucky individuals received samples of some of the products in their May Birchbox. Sadly, I was not one of them, but this might be my chance :D

Ojon damage reverse™ Restorative Hair Treatment



Ojon damage reverse™ Restorative Shampoo


Ojon damage reverse™ Restorative Conditioner





Ojon damage reverse™ Instant Restorative Hair Serum

Thanks for reading!




No comments:

Post a Comment