Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Everyday Look

I wanted to try out my new  e.l.f. Essential Eyebrow Collection and put together a look that I can wear during the day or on a date.

Closed eye view
The brow kit came with a lighter brown powder and a darker shade to outline the shape. I find that even though I wanted to find a red eyebrow pencil to match my hair, the brown works just fine. 
I don't think I can go without the cat eye look since I've started using it, because I really love how it looks and how it elongates my lashes. I've used the following colors from e.l.f.'s Studio Makeup Clutch Palette: a cream color to highlight my brow bone, a brown for my outer lid, and a golden shimmery color for the inner part of my lid. I used my e.l.f. cream eye liner in coffee to line my upper lash line, as well as my e.l.f. exact lash mascara
  


Should I apply more shadow? I use e.l.f.'s Mineral Eyeshadow Primer before applying my shadow, but I don't think it makes colors as vivid as some other primers I've seen out there on comparison blogs like "Too Faced Shadow Insurance", "Sobe Botanicals", "Detrivore", "Concrete", "UDPP Original" or "UDPP Sin" (credit to Phyrra). 
My friend just let me have her smaller container of Urban Decay's Eye Shadow Primer Potion :) I'm excited to see if that works better.
I still have not found a great angle or amount of lighting to show  the color well. This takes time I suppose. If anyone has any helpful tips, please leave a comment below! Maybe its just my crappy point and shoot camera....
Overall look. What do you guys think?
I have another look that I will be posting tomorrow. I think I've actually gotten the smokey eye down!  I've watched so many tutorials, by now I should be able to do it, right?


Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment